The Order API is part of a suite of APIs for the purpose of pricing/quoting/ordering of wideband and other data products. It provides a standard based interface, for the placement of an order for Ethernet Access Point to Aggregated services with all of the necessary parameters. The API is created based on the TM Forum specifications.
One of the key input attributes of Order API is the reference number, which is generated from performing a Price Check or Site Enablement Price (SEP) request either from the Quote API or from the Quote2Activate tool. This means the Price Check and/or SEP request must completed, before calling for the Order API.
The Order API will be extended to other wideband products in future releases.
The following operations are supported by the Order API:
This operation allows you to submit a service order through the API. The subsequent acknowledgement of the call, returns ordered attributes of Ethernet Access on Fibre Point to Aggregated service parameters:
The following order scenario for Ethernet Access on Fibre is supported:
This operation allows you to retrieve the details of a service ordered either via Order API or from the Quote2Activate tool using the reference number.
When invoking the API using the reference number of a submitted order item. The following key information is returned:
The Order API is a web service based on JSON/REST protocols.
Transaction volumes are controlled via quotas to ensure consistent and reliable performance of the API for your anticipated Order API request volumes. Please contact Telstra Wholesale Support before implementing this API to discuss your anticipated request volumes.
TW Order API Overview
The Order API takes the reference number of previously completed Price Check or SEP item so that customers no longer need to re-enter the same information in the journey of pricing/quoting/ordering of wideband and other data products. It allows you to submit Ethernet Access Point to Aggregated services with all of the necessary parameters.
To obtain a high-level overview of how the Order API relates to the overall suite of Q2A APIs, please refer to our TW APIs Overview page.
The Order API has the following benefits:
- Order API is based on the TMF622 Release 17.5.1 May 2018
- Saves you time and associated labour costs by allowing you to integrate the Order API (and the associated APIs such as Address Search, Wideband Feasibility, POP Lookup etc.) directly into your IT systems, eliminating the need to swivel-chair to other stand-alone applications.
- Additional cost savings can be achieved by exposing this capability by creating a self-service portal for your end customer.
Terms and Conditions
When registering for the Telstra Wholesale Order API, you agree to these API-specific Terms and Conditions. In addition, use of the Telstra Wholesale Order API is bound by the overall Telstra API Developer Portal Terms and Conditions and the terms and conditions of your Customer Relationship Agreement or Telstra Wholesale Agreement (and related operational documents) with Telstra.
Any information contained in or generated by Order API, including information about the charges for a service:
- Is partly based on the input provided to the API and may be inaccurate if the input provided to the API is inaccurate.
- Is based on Telstra's standard scheduled rates and may not include special discounts or opportunities which you may have negotiated in your contract. All prices returned via the API are exclusive of GST.
- If there is any inconsistency between the information contained in or generated by the Order API and the information in your TWA/CRA, the information in your TWA/CRA prevails to the extent of the inconsistency.