The Point of Presence (POP) Lookup API retrieves a list of all the Head-Ends and their respective details. The API lists Head-End information of Ethernet Access, Ethernet Backhaul and Managed Leased Line products. The information retrieved by the API can be used as an input to the Quote API.
The POP Lookup API can be invoked in 3 different ways to retrieve the information.
The input options are based on –
- Customer ID
- Customer ID and Product
- Customer ID, Product and Type of POP
The API returns all or part of Head-End details of the below products –
- Ethernet Access Head-End ENNI
- Ethernet Access Head-End UNI
- Managed Leased Line UNI
- Ethernet Backhaul Head-End ENNI
- Ethernet Backhaul Head-End UNI
To obtain a high-level overview of how the POP Lookup API relates to the overall Q2A process, please refer to our TW APIs Overview.
- It is a high-availability, stand-alone API.
- Can be integrated directly into your IT systems, thus eliminating the need to go to Quote2Activate™ application.
- Returns list of Head-End details of Ethernet Access, Ethernet Backhaul and Managed Leased Line products which are associated to the TW customer.
- Retrieved Head-End information can then be used as one of the inputs to Price Check.
Terms and Conditions
When registering for the Telstra Wholesale POP Lookup API, you agree to these API-specific Terms and Conditions. In addition, use of the Telstra Wholesale POP Lookup API is bound by the overall Telstra API Developer Portal Terms and Conditions and the terms and conditions of your Customer Relationship Agreement or Telstra Wholesale Agreement (and related operational documents) with Telstra. You agree to the overall Telstra API Developer Portal Terms and Conditions when you sign up an API account.
Any information contained in or generated by POP Lookup API:
- Accuracy of the retrieved data will be based on the data as stored in the Q2A database.