The Quote API supports quoting of the Ethernet Access Point to Aggregated services. It has two functions that can be run consecutively. The first provides the Installation and Monthly Rental Charges of the specified product configuration. If requested by the user, a reference number will be returned as part of the acknowledgement response which can be used to call the second functionality of the API. The second functionality of the Quote API when called with the saved reference number, will return a Site Enablement Price (SEP) response.
The Quote API will be extended to other wideband products in future releases.
The following operations are supported by the Quote API:
This operation returns the following quotes for Ethernet Access (CRA/TWA 245) based on the specified product configuration:
The following scenario for Ethernet Access on Fibre is supported:
This operation allows you to retrieve the details of an earlier saved Price Check or SEP request using the reference number
When using the reference number from the Quote Price Check request, the following key information is returned
In addition to the above, when using the reference number from the Quote SEP request, the following information is also provided
When performing a SEP analysis through Quote API, you will receive three types of Feasibility Reference numbers:
The response time for sites that are on RESA001 & GSL001 are generally <10secs. When a site requires an analysis using a downstream system call Widefeas, the responds can take up to 24hrs. However, on average, 95% of analysis are completed in ~7.5mins.
The Quote API is a web service based on JSON/REST protocols.
Transaction volumes are controlled via quotas to ensure consistent and reliable performance of the API for your anticipated Quote API request volumes. Please contact Telstra Wholesale Support before implementing this API to discuss your anticipated request volumes.
TW Quote API Overview
When you perform a price check using the Quote API, the reference number returned can be used to initiate the Site Enablement Price (SEP) request via the same API. The reference number received as part of price check request through the Quote API can also be used to initiate the soon to be released Order API.
To obtain a high-level overview of how the Quote API relates to the overall Q2A process, please refer to our TW APIs Overview page.
The Quote API has the following benefits:
- Returns customer specific product prices and the upfront charges (such as Special Linkage Charge and Fee For Service) for the requested service configuration.
- Saves you time and associated labour costs by allowing you to integrate the Quote API (and the associated APIs such as Address Search, Wideband Feasibility, POP Lookup etc.) directly into your IT systems, eliminating the need to swivel-chair to other stand-alone applications.
Terms and Conditions
When registering for the Telstra Wholesale Quote API, you agree to these API-specific Terms and Conditions. In addition, use of the Telstra Wholesale Quote API is bound by the overall Telstra API Developer Portal Terms and Conditions and the terms and conditions of your Customer Relationship Agreement or Telstra Wholesale Agreement (and related operational documents) with Telstra. You agree to the overall Telstra API Developer Portal Terms and Conditions when you sign up an API account.
Any information contained in or generated by Quote API, including information about the charges for a service:
- Is partly based on the input provided to the API and may be inaccurate if the input provided to the API is inaccurate.
- Is based on Telstra's standard scheduled rates and may not include special discounts or opportunities which you may have negotiated in your contract. All prices obtained via the API are exclusive of GST.
- If there is any inconsistency between the information contained in or generated by the Quote API and the information in your TWA/CRA, the information in your TWA/CRA prevails to the extent of the inconsistency.